BOSS Spotlight Feature: Alicia Hill


Alicia Hill is CEO of ACG Brand Management LLC, A Brand value-focused company. I create and enhance valuable Brands for individuals and companies through various channels: resume writing, interview prep, professional brand consulting, leadership training, customer experience training, as well as brand and culture creation/enhancements.

What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career?
At the beginning of ACG, one of the biggest obstacles I faced was social media marketing. I am not an expert with graphics and for Instagram for example a video or graphic is needed. I knew it was very important to be consistent, educational, empowering, and entertaining. Once I realized I was spending more time tackling social media I decided to add someone to my team that was stronger than me in that area. I knew what to say but not how to visualize it.

One other thing I struggled with was how to pay myself and how much. That took research, wise counsel, and diligence on my part. For me, being a small, low revenue-generating business (in the beginning), I put every dime I had into my business. I didn’t think I could afford to pay myself.

What inspired you to break into your industry?
I am inspired and grateful to be in this industry of marketing consulting because for over 20 years I lived and enjoyed success working with two major companies that were very intentional about living out their brand. From that, I gained a passion to help every company and individual understand how to live out their brand. It is the biggest differentiator anyone or any company can have. Your brand, be it your personal or that of your company, it’s the most valuable thing you will ever own.

How do you balance your personal and professional life, or have you been able to find a balance?
I like to call it life integration. I find it much easier to integrate as often as possible. Often I enjoy a nice meal while consulting a client. I attend networking events and invite close friends, which allows me to spend time with them, meet new people, and share ACG. I am consistent about ensuring that Sunday is my mental day. I spend time with God, journaling, measuring my success, and setting new business goals.

What is an inspirational quote that you live by?
“Continuous effort – not strength or intelligence – is the key to unlocking and using our potential” -Winston Churchill

Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way?
Dr. Edward Parker Jr., Mrs. Theresa Hill, Dr. Tania Ades

What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong?
A sound mind, marketing, and content creation are the top three things that are a must-have for ACG to continue to be successful.

What is your definition of a BOSS?
My definition of a BOSS is being a leader, one who thinks the unthinkable, strategizes, builds a team, and executes.

Provide us with two words that describe you? Learner and communicator.

Learn more about Alicia at www.acareergirl.com Twitter: AliciaA_C_G_
Instagram: acgbrandmgmt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network