BOSS Spotlight Feature: La'Dayshia Hunt

La’Dayshia Hunt is the owner of Divinity Remedy, a Health & Wellness business that is helping people find natural alternatives to healing. She hopes to show women and men of color that being mindful doesn’t mean you have to water down who you are in this community. You can still be unapologetically black!

What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career? My biggest obstacles were marketing during covid and getting potential customers to understand that our herbal teas can help with health and still taste good! People hear tea and automatically assume it’s gross. (I was once one of those people before I started my business.)


What inspired you to break into your industry? During covid, a lot of people could go to the stores and if they did a lot of products for immunity, vitamins, etc were being snatched off the shelf. So at this point in my life, I was already making herbal teas for myself and a friend in the Boss Network convinced me to make it a business. 


How do you balance your personal and professional life, or have you been able to find a balance? I believe schedules are very important to keep the balance. But it has to be something that you make a realistic habit of. There is this big misconception that to be an entrepreneur you work 25/8. You have to know when and how to set boundaries for yourself so you don’t drain or burn yourself out. 


What is an inspirational quote that you live by? “The decision that I made was the right one at that moment. There was no wrong choice. It’s all a learning process.”


Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way? I would definitely say my dad is one because he has a business of his own and I realized that if he can do it, I can do it! Also, my friend Eylissa (Lotus Mystic Haven) who told me to turn my remedies into a business, helped me stay out of my head with being a perfectionist and guided me in trusting myself as a business owner.


What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong? Prayer, FUN, pop-up shops, and reminder lists!


What is your definition of a BOSS? A boss is someone that is willing to take a chance to pursue something they love regardless of who does or DOES NOT support them. 


Provide us with two words that describe you. Ratchet Herbalist 🤍


Learn more about La'Dayshia at DivinityRemedy.com

Instagram.com/DivinityRemedy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network