BOSS Spotlight Feature: Adodo A Robinson

Adodo A Robinson, A licensed cosmetologist & Beauty entrepreneur. She is the founder of Délali Robinson Cosmetics & owner of Chéz Délali Salon. Adodo is a beauty connoisseur with over two decades in the industry, an international makeup educator who specialized in effortlessly enhancing women's natural beauty.

What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career? Starting my business overseas was actually easier than starting my business journey in the United States. My struggles came from my lack of knowledge and understanding of the proper ways of dealing with the legality of the business start up process and not having the resources and people to help me through the process.

What inspired you to break into your industry? My career in the beauty industry was born out of necessity. Growing up in Germany my mother would take my sister and I on a journey to Paris to get our hair done on a monthly basis due to that fact that there weren’t any local beauty salon or stylists offering services for our hair type so after couple of those trips, discomfort and pain I decided to teach myself how to braid in order to do our hair and help out my mother.


How do you balance your personal and professional life, or have you been able to find a balance? I implemented online booking back in 2014 to help with my salon clients, hired an assistant, set boundaries with clients and have used the same approach for my cosmetic brand.


What is an inspirational quote that you live by? Treat others the way you want to be treated and give grace.


Who were some influential people or mentors that helped or encouraged you along the way? My mother is my biggest influence and inspiration. My husband and family and business associates have helped and encouraged me through this journey.

What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong? Remembering who I Am. Integrity and focus on my goals.

What is your definition of a BOSS? My definition of a Boss is someone who has the drive and ability to execute their vision while understanding that their success lies within how they operate and manage their team/employees.

Provide us with two words that describe you? "Beauty Expert."


Learn more about Adodo at:

www.delalicosmetics.com

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/delalicosmetics/ 

Facebook: Delalirobinsoncosmetics 

www.chezdelalisalon.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network