BOSS Member Spotlight: Yara Banks


 

Yara Banks, a luminary in entrepreneurship and HR with over twenty years of distinguished service. Honored as Alignable's Local Business Person of the Year for 2023 and 2024, and winner of the Best HR and Finance Consultancy Firm in Florida, Yara exemplifies excellence and innovation in Human Resources.

******************************************************************

What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career?

Starting my own business was really scary because of the fear of losing a steady paycheck and the unknowns that come with venturing out on my own. To handle this fear, I planned everything very carefully and asked for advice from people who had done it before. I decided to see every problem as a chance to learn and get better. I also learned the importance of trusting myself and working with a team that supports each other. Overcoming these fears has been a big part of my success, teaching me to be strong and adaptable.

What inspired you to break into your industry?

I was inspired to start my business because I noticed a gap in knowledge about the steps needed to start a legitimate, registered business and the rules needed to hire and manage employees. Many people want to start their own businesses but feel overwhelmed by all the legal and bureaucratic details. I wanted to simplify this process and provide clear, straightforward guidance to help them not only start their businesses but also manage their teams effectively. This motivation drove me to create a service that makes these important steps accessible and less intimidating for aspiring entrepreneurs.

How do you balance your personal and professional life, or have you found a balance?

I handle work-life balance by setting boundaries, and I mean really clear ones! It's like telling my work, "You have to stay in your lane, and don't you dare text me after hours!" Setting these boundaries helps me keep my sanity and ensures I have time to enjoy life outside of work. It’s a bit like training a puppy – it takes consistency and a firm "no" sometimes, but it really pays off when you get to relax at the end of the day without a pile of emails barking at you.

What is an inspirational quote that you live by?

"Entrepreneurship isn't just about building a business—it's about daring to disrupt the ordinary and having the resilience to transform a vision into reality."

Who were influential people or mentors who helped or encouraged you?

I am spiritually led to do what I do and I was blessed to have a strong support system that includes my husband, my children, and a couple of key accountability partners.

What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business strong?

  • To keep your business strong and thriving, here are a few "must-haves" with a dash of humor:
  • A Solid Plan - Think of it as your business's GPS. Without it, you might end up on a scenic route to nowhere.
  • Passion - It's the secret sauce that keeps you grilling through the long hours and challenges.
  • Resilience - Because sometimes your business day feels like a series of plot twists in a soap opera.
  • A Good Team - They're the superheroes that save the day when your business is in a pinch.
  • Customer Focus - Keep them happy because happy customers come back, and they bring friends.
  • Sense of Humor - It's like shock absorbers for the bumpy road of entrepreneurship.
  • Flexibility - Being able to pivot faster than a breakdancer can be the difference between thriving and barely surviving.

Remember, running a business is a marathon, not a sprint—so lace up, keep hydrated with a healthy sense of humor, and enjoy the journey!

What is your definition of a BOSS?

In my opinion, a boss is a Brilliant Organizer and Super Strategist who shines with intelligence, expertly keeps projects on track, lifts the team to achieve great things, and plans with precision to navigate challenges and capitalize on opportunities.

Provide us with two words that describe you. People Engineer    

Learn more about Yara at www.bnxba.com 

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bnx-financial-solutions-llc/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network