BOSS Member Spotlight: Dominiquea Richmond

Dominiquea Richmond has over 20 years of business experience. From managing small businesses of her own to now; consulting new eager business owners. Dominiquea enjoys every component of the business. Education: MEd & MBA - Grand Canyon University & University of Phoenix Specialties: Dominiquea enjoys assisting clients in forming the entity of their choice. Once the entity is formed, Dominiquea has reported looking forward to crunching the numbers. She says "This is the fun part" because she loves reducing her client's tax liability or ensuring that they get a refund. Dominiquea enjoys spending time with her kids in her spare time and traveling.

What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting your business or career? Obstacles that I faced breaking into my industry were time management and equipping myself with the knowledge and skills necessary to be successful in the industry. Tax preparation was completely new to me – outside of me having prepared my own taxes I knew absolutely nothing about tax preparation! So, I had to tap into uncharted waters – but I was determined to be successful. With the help of my mentor, taking classes and workshops I began to learn the concepts needed to be successful.

Once my clients started requesting that I handle the accounting piece as well for their businesses – I found myself again tapping into uncharted waters, but this time I only had classes to lean on. Due to my determination, I started taking refresher courses in accounting to better serve my clients. With the help of the Lord, individuals I met along the way, and my resilience I can humbly say – I have arrived!

What inspired you to break into your industry? Before breaking into my current industry – Tax Preparation & Accounting; I was a schoolteacher. I taught for 12 years. The level of commitment and liability no longer served me. I was looking for a breakthrough – something that would give me more control of my time and how it was spent. I wanted to be more available to my children and family. That is what inspired me to take a step back and reassess my life and life choices. 

How do you balance your personal and professional life, or have you been able to find a balance? I balance my personal and professional life by making “To Do Lists” – prioritizing my daily tasks and having a firm cut-off time. Being aligned with my spiritual health also helps me stay steadfast. And remember that without the Man Above – none of it would be possible. 

What is an inspirational quote that you live by? I live my two inspirational quotes - “My Help Comes from the Lord” and “Today is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” Knowing that without the Lord I am just a pile of dust helps me to remain humble. And reflecting on the fact that each day that the Lord allows me to get out of my bed in my right mind and love on my children immediately become filled with joy! 

Who were some influential people or mentors who helped or encouraged you along the way? Miracle Johnson was influential in my success. She trained me and assisted me along the way. She was always there for that late-night call or text and never wavering with her assistance. 

What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business going strong? A balanced life – remaining spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically healthy are all necessary for me to be able to serve the individuals that I serve. Having those aspects of my life in order helps me to know when it’s time to hold and when it’s time to fold.

What is your definition of a BOSS? My definition of a BOSS is a woman or individual that allows their light to shine. That serves their community and the people around them all while knowing where their true source of stability comes from.

Provide us with two words that describe you. Tax Expert

Learn more about Dominiquea at  www.miracletaxes.com 

Instagram: msd.talksbusiness - https://www.instagram.com/msd.talksbusiness/
Facebook: Miracle Taxes & Accounting - https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557446745908


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network