BOSS Member Spotlight: Alexandria E. Latimer

Alexandria Latimer, a business intelligence professional and Entrepreneur with 15 years of experience in media and entertainment, holds degrees from Drexel University and Virginia State University. She was born and raised in Harlem, NY, and is a proud member of Delta Sigma
Theta Sorority, Inc.

************************************************************

What were some obstacles that you faced in the beginning process of starting
your business or career?
The biggest obstacle I’ve faced, and sometimes continue to face, was self-imposed – Imposter syndrome. In my career, it was working overtime and ensuring I was always a high performer as a means to justify or validate my hiring. In starting my business, it looked like questioning if I had what it took to take things to the next level or if I instead needed more time.

What inspired you to break into your industry?
My desire to accept myself as a multi-passionate individual is what first attracted me to
the research and insights field. Being multi-passionate meant that I often had to choose
between one passion over another, for fear of presenting as unfocused or “scatter-
brained”. When I attended graduate school, I still had no clear direction on the path I
wanted to take within the media industry, but quickly fell in love with data and research
and its importance on high-level decision-making. With data analytics and research, I no
longer had to choose one path over another because all roads lead to research as a
catalyst for growth and understanding.

How do you balance your personal and professional life, or have you found a
balance?
Balance is something I’m still trying to master, especially now in the entrepreneurial
space. But one thing I tried my best to do when I was employed was to leave work at
work and set strict boundaries. Did I always succeed? No. But it was and continues to
be something that I look forward to striving for daily.

What is an inspirational quote that you live by?
“The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday”
Who were influential people or mentors who helped or encouraged you?
I have been fortunate to have mentors and sponsors at nearly every stage of my youth
as well as in my professional career. What was interesting for me was the more that I
grew, the more that I realized that even bad experiences had a positive influence on me.
So technically everyone I encounter has helped me in some way or another.

What are your "must-haves" to keep your career or business strong?
A strong and diverse network is invaluable and necessary to both career and business
sustainability. Within my network, I have a “go-to” person readily available for the
following areas: legal, accounting, marketing, public relations, etc. Another must-have
for my business, and the way I create and keep my routine is by using a traditional
planner book and I LOVE my planners from the Book’d store. Another must-have for me
is a positive outlook because life and business will take you there, often. But a positive
attitude will get you back on track every time.

What is your definition of a BOSS? 
A boss is someone who is Bold, Opportunity-seeking, Strategic, and Sincere.
They are bold in their thinking because they know that there is a cost to thinking too
small and that with faith anything is attainable. They seek opportunities to teach and to
be taught, because they know the power of information and the need for constant
growth in and around them. A boss is strategic. Their moves are calculated and they are
very resourceful. And finally, a boss is sincere. They are genuine and they are never
afraid to share resources because they know what is truly meant for them is not
contingent upon restricting others.

Please provide us with two words that describe youData Boss

Learn more about Alexandria at Website: www.alexandrialatimer.com
Instagram: @ceo_alexandria


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

BOSS & Sage Announce 2024 Invest in Progress Grant Winners

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network