Plan On It by BOSS Member Anika Kai Jackson

Plan On It!

My name is Anika Kai Jackson and  I am the owner of AnikaKai Events a full service event planning company  based out of the Chicago-land area.  Most people assume my last name is Kai because ever since I was a little girl, EVERYONE (no matter who it was) always combined the two so it came out as one name simply “AnikaKai” J.  In 2005 my company was birthed but I am certain that it was conceived when I was around 5 years old.  This is when I remember my mother planning what I thought to be the most elaborate events.  She did everything from our families’ holiday parties to weddings and corporate events; not as a profession but just as something she loved.  Little did she know that as I watched her the seed for planning and creating was being planted in me.  It is 2010 and my mother has been gone for 16 years now and with every event I plan, I know that there is a part of her that my clients are getting the part of her that was passionate and loving.

I love all things beautiful and I am fanatical about seeing the beauty in my clients mind come through on their event pallet.  I believe that every event from 5 people to 5000 people should make you feel like you are at an actual event and that is my goal every time.  People always ask me “What’s your niche?”  My niche is relationship building.  The only way I will get what’s in my clients mind out is to know the client and that can only be done through relationship.  We were created for it and cannot survive without it, not even in the business world.  This is why The Boss Network is so important to me. 

At the end of 2009 I joined twitter as a way to meet new people and market my business.  In the beginning of 2010 I started seeing information pass about a woman (Cameka Smith) who had her own event planning business called City Global Events everyone seemed to love her, so I began following her.  When I learned of The BOSS Network I instantly knew it was going to be something special because as I’d come to learn, it’s owner definitely was.  All of my life I have had a great group of girlfriends they are more like my family then my family and that’s what The Boss Network reminded me of, my “girlfriend circle” ;but for business and networking.  I love what the network stands for.  We as women are such amazingly powerful beings but sometimes we forget that and we need a strong network to encourage us in what we do and then push us to do better!  I believe out of that very concept is what the Boss Network is created from.  This is the reason I became not only a Black Card Member, but a BOSS Ambassador.  I think that every woman, entrepreneur, corporate executive and stay out home mom, should have the opportunity to connect with other women just like them and know that we are not in it alone.  Cameka is an amazing woman with a huge heart.  God has allowed her to be the vehicle to connect us to each other and I am so grateful for her and all of the #BOSS Women!  This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship J

As we enter into the end of the year our task of goal writing,  I encourage you to make joining the Boss Network one of your priority goals for 2011.  Trust me, you will not be disappointed.  I look forward to connecting with you, See you on the BOSS Side! 

AnikaKai
www.anikakaievents.com

Comments

  1. Wow, Anika is one of the most genuine people I have ever met and we are happy to have her on our team. I look forward to all the wonderful things that BOSS has planned.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network

BOSS Spotlight: Meet “Career Advancement Mentor” Pat E. Perkins, CPCC