Eat your way to fit By Essence Go

Eat your way to fit. The Holidays are already here, and I don’t know about you but I’ve been looking forward to my grandma’s dressing, mac & cheese, and sweet potatoes all year. With that being said, let me get down to business. If you are just now starting to get fit or you’re starting over, the key is to do everything in moderation. Fitness happens in the kitchen not just the gym.

Follow these tips to staying fit while enjoying everything you love during the holiday.

Start each day with a glass of this detox drink! This drink will help flush away all toxins from your system.

Ingredients
1 glass of water
2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tbsp. Freshly Squeezed Lemon
1 Tsp. Cinnamon
1 Tbsp. Raw Honey
Directions
Blend all ingredients together and enjoy!

There’s nothing better than a morning workout before you begin your day.
Here is an easy routine to get you started and repeat each day.



One thing that works for me when I’m trying to eat healthy is meal prepping. I prepare my meals on Sunday for at least the next three days. Some people I know do all five days, but I like to switch it up a little. The one thing you don’t want to do is get bored with what you’re eating, so do what works for you. But you must prep! By doing this you will cut down on buying junk food.



This is a cool idea for packing a salad for the day.

I hate taking a salad to work and have to pack a big bottle of salad dressing. This way all you have to do is fill the bottom with dressing of your choice, pack in your ingredients, then screw the top on. When you’re ready to eat, shake it up and serve.

FRUIT
We all love fruit, but we all make the same mistake of having too much, and at the wrong time. One cup of fruit per serving is the goal. That’s it. I also read that the best time to have fruit is before you eat or just have it alone. Eating fruit after your meal will take too long to digest sitting on top of your meal, then it will rote. If you need something sweet after you eat, have infused water.


Let’s move on to that mid-day problem I always have. What to eat? I always wait till I’m starving to find something to eat. So by this time I want anything and everything.
Hints the meal prepping. This snack is so easy and delicious to make you’ll want it every day. Buy some rice paper from the grocery store and load it with your favorite ingredients, fold like a burrito and serve. I add chicken to turn this snack into a meal for lunch. Taste great with chili or peanut dipping sauce.


Ok we all know water is the most important part of staying healthy, but if your anything like me that hates the taste of water try these fruit infused waters and get Vitamins while you’re at it!!


Following these steps will help you to have a healthier lifestyle and help you through the holiday eating. 

For more tips and a workout plan Connect with Essence on Twitter @cultured_pearlg , Like her on Facebook www.facebook.com/cpgstyle  and visit her online http://culturedpearlgirl.com/ 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

Empowering Black Women Founders: A Call to Action for Public and Private Sectors by The BOSS Network

BOSS Spotlight: Meet “Career Advancement Mentor” Pat E. Perkins, CPCC