Goals, Goals, Goals! by Felicia Shakespeare

 

Felicia Shakespeare is an award-winning Global Speaker, a 5x Bestselling Author, Educator, and Personal Brand Strategist. She is the Founder of A Purpose Driven Woman LLC which has successfully produced a podcast, conference series, and a compilation book project.


******************************************** 


When I started planning to write for BOSS this last quarter of 2022, I immediately knew I wanted to send some type of reminder of how to approach your “GOALS!” So here is how I will close the quarter with five points on how to plan your goals Now or for the New Year ahead!


#1 G- Get Started!

I believe the hardest part of anything is the “start” part. We can say all day that want to
lose weight or write a book or “declutter our lives” to become more organized (just about anything can be put in the slot). But the most important part and the one basic thing to do above all else is to just get started! Let’s begin to condition ourselves literally to overcome procrastination, possibly in a specific area of your life. Many times we make gains in the areas of our lives that we seemingly have conquered, but “not so much''  in others where there may be self-discipline or even the understanding of how. The greatest advice I can give for 2023 is to get out of your own way! Are you one to overanalyze at times? (I’ve been her at a different stage of life!).  I tend to see procrastination and over-analysis like fraternal twins, they might not look just alike on the surface but they are deeply connected and rooted together by DNA. Don’t put off another day what you need to begin now!


#2 O- One at a time

The best way to get started is to simply focus on one thing or one goal at a time. Because we all seem to have what can be interpreted as complex or very busy lives these days,

taking on one more thing can seem to be a very daunting responsibility. But if you can literally set a plan to take action on one thing and see that plan through to execution before you take on the next, I believe that will first encourage you to see gains and encourage you for what is next!


#3 A- Be anxious for NO thing

I’m telling you to get started but I’m also encouraging you to do so without anxiety! Who else sets their mind to do things and wants to see immediate results? Am I alone? LOL.  As a believer I have to constantly remind myself to “not be anxious about anything…” (Philippians 4:6). Literally, be anxious for NO thing is how I like to say it! This is definitely something that must be intentionally practiced because we are in a world where everything appears to happen overnight.  Anything is possible, however, it may take time and most instances due process. I wish I had another answer but the reality is it takes several key ingredients to see goals fulfilled; belief, clarity, consistency, hard work, and dedication. I can’t tell you when, but I will say don’t quit until you see it come to pass! 


#4 L- LIVE in the process

Take time to live while in the process of whatever goal you’re working on. Be determined to be in the moment. Life is simply life! It’s unpredictable. It has highs and some lows. It's fleeting and most of all very precious. Learn to laugh at yourself along the way. Lean in when you see your efforts and begin to reward your gains (every little one of them).  Most of all learn to LIVE while you’re on your way to achievement. It makes the journey so much better.:). 


#5 S- Stay the course

Never quit, always stay the course.  And how is that done? ….by staying resilient! I always describe resilience as a bobblehead. No matter what angle it receives its blows, the bobblehead ends up standing right back up! You can't give up! You must remain in a posture of resilience. Giving up is never an option and must become an adopted mindset one needs in order to stay the course. I never accept the immediate as final. You must ignore those inner voice whispers that keep telling you to quit. You’ve come so far, you’ve waited too long! I encourage you to dig in deeper, possibly make a pivot, whatever it takes, and never give up on yourself!


G- Get started

O- One at a time

A- Be anxious for NO thing

L- Live in the process

S- Stay the course


Have a wonderful Christmas and an awesome 2023! 


See you next year by God’s Grace…


Happy Holidays,

~Felicia


Learn more about Felicia on her social platforms: @feliciashakespeare (Instagram/LinkedIn)

@iamfelicias (Twitter)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

50 BOSS Members To Follow On Twitter

The Mess You Leave Behind: Honoring Their Legacy with a Personalized Memorial by Tammecia Smith

BOSS Member Spotlight: Marcia Cox