Self Care & Determination by Jacqueline Jones
Jacqueline Jones, owner of Crystal Eikcaj ™Skin and Hair Care, LLC greatest determining factor for starting the business in 2015 I received 3 medical diagnoses. I was determined to help improve the health challenges I faced along with helping others, starting back in 1997.
I was diagnosed with diabetes in 2012. There are 371 million people in the world diagnosed with diabetes. Consistent with this disease are extremely dry feet, hands, and body. After trying many products on the market, I made a decision to start producing my own organic products.
When I decided to start a business in 2015, I had very little experience and knowledge of what’s required to start a successful business. As a Solopreneur there were several obstacles to overcome in starting a new business:
1. Could not secure a loan from the bank so I had to bootstrap and I am still bootstrapping;
2. Limited or no staff/volunteers,
3. Limited knowledge regarding building a mentoring team/subject matter experts;
4. Lack of a product production plan which is needed to determine how long it will take to produce products that are part of your Capability Statement;
5. Lack of knowledge of how to approach Retailers to get products on their shelves (this is learned by trial and error);
6. Lack of a list of Contract Manufactures to mass produce organic products, which is required by large Retailers;
7. Lack of supply chain suppliers to purchase your ingredients;
8. Not understanding the number of times you must modify your labels & promotional materials;
9. A checklist of all the requirements involved in selling your products in Super Stores (there are a minimum of 10 requirements);
10. Lack of knowledge regarding raising funds for everyday operations;
11. Developing an Operational Budget and a Business Plan
12. Convincing people that you need assistance and asking for help.
After learning and overcoming many obstacles, I am happy to report I have been in business now since 2015.
Learn more about Jacqueline at www.crystaleikcaj.com
Crystal Eikcaj™ products are in three stores currently and more will be added in 2023.
Twitter Name: @jackie3429 Facebook: www.facebook.com/crystaleikcaj or www.facebook.com/jacqueline.jones.1276.
Instagram: www.instagram.com/crystaleikcaj

Comments
Post a Comment